Campus Visits During a Pandemic
March Break is usually a busy time of year on university and college campuses, as prospective students do final tours and research for final offer decisions.
Today, campuses are empty and students are stuck at home, following shelter-in-place orders.
If you have Grade 12 student who wants to tour college / university campuses again, before accepting admission offers, there are still ways to research all options.
Share these tips with your teen:
- check in regularly with school websites for updates and new virtual tours;
- follow schools on all social media platforms for updates / posts providing information and videos;
- register for available Q & A’s sessions offered by schools, and prepare questions, and take notes;
- read and re-read school websites to get every detail available;
- contact other students in your network who attend the schools you’re looking at. They can share information and inside scoop;
- see what you can find on YouTube about the school, keeping in mind that posts may not reflect the mission / values of the schools.
All information you can gather is useful. It’s up to you how you use it.
Create a pros & cons chart for all program options. Include every detail.
While no virtual tour or online search will replace a “real life” experience, you can still do thorough research as you prepare to make your final decision.
Be proud & grateful to have these options.
For more tips and resources, keep checking our COVID19 Resource page.